You will be part of the Product team, defining requirements, setting roadmap, generating outbound and inbound messaging and providing support to sales, field and customer-support channels. You will be the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions.
You will be the voice of the designer and translate their requirements into real product features. You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems, and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
Communication skills are key to success in this role. You will work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements based on market problems. You will work with product marketing and marketing communications to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers. In short, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
You are a strategist who will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates.
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue
- Develop a three-year roadmap for our products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing on the creation of positioning for your products
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition, and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat
- Gather customer requirements and articulate them in detailed PRDs
- Prioritize features for releases and help the engineering team meet schedules
- Help define the UI/UX specs in detail
- Own the holistic view of the product i.e. make sure all the parts fit properly providing a good user experience from installation to everyday use
- Interface with and train the Applications Engineering team
- Work with partner companies like Cadence & Synopsys to define and improve the integration
- Help/guide the development of product demos
- Be the champion for the product and train sales and sales engineering
- Help marketing with messaging, technical papers, presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Product Management of EDA Software
- Hands on experience with EDA flows and tools
- 5-15 years of experience