Types of Information We Collect
Information that may be collected and processed includes:
- Your name;
- Your place of employment, company size, and job title;
- Your contact information such as physical address, email address, and phone number;
- Your username, password, and other registration information;
- Your demographic information, such as age and gender;
- Information about your preferences, and interests;
- Information you provide when submitting an employment application;
- Transaction-related information (including payment details);
- Online identifiers, such as your internet protocol address and mobile phone identifiers;
- Usage and location data;
- Browser type and operating system;
- Webpages you view on the Sites;
- Clickstream data;
- Time and length of your visit to the Sites;
- Search terms you enter on the Sites;
- Domain name;
- Information you provide when you make a request or otherwise contact us; and
- Any other information you choose to make public on the Sites (e.g., information shared with other members of our user community).
Such information may be collected from you directly, including, but not limited to, when you:
- Register for and/or attend a seminar, webinar, training course, or other event;
- Create an account or a profile;
- Participate in our user community or otherwise contribute content to the Sites, such as by authoring a post on our forums or commenting on a blog post;
- Submit an employment application and/or resume, or fill out other employment documentation;
- Make a purchase;
- Provide feedback or complete a survey;
- Request information from us, or otherwise communicate with us;
- Download software, upload a project, or use one of our tools;
- Enter into a contract with us personally, or on behalf of a company that you represent;
- Sign up to receive electronic newsletters, blog posts, and/or other materials; or
- Otherwise contact us with a question, comment, feedback, or request, including service requests.
Such information may also be collected about you indirectly, including, but not limited to:
- When your devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or computers, automatically submit information (e.g., see the Cookies and Analytics Information section below); and
- When such information is available from public sources.
Cookies & Analytics Information
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You may also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly. For more information about cookies and how to manage them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may opt-out of our collection of analytics information through Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Preference Manager or at https://www.aboutads.info/choices. The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on can be accessed here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. For further details on the use of Google Analytics, please see above chapters “Information Collected Automatically” and “Google Analytics.”
Use of Information
We process personal data where the processing is necessary to perform a contract between you and Cliosoft, to take steps at your request prior to entering into such contract, to comply with our legal obligations, or to exercise our legal rights. We may also process your information when the processing is otherwise in Cliosoft’s or a third party’s legitimate interests and in accordance with applicable law. In particular, we and service providers working on our behalf, may use the information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Providing you with the information that you request, or otherwise communicating with you;
- Managing your account and providing you with information about the Sites, such as changing your user profile, notifying you of recent updates to the Sites, and providing you with patch releases or warranty information;
- Processing any transactions or providing any services you have authorized, such as a purchase or service request, and maintaining and supporting our products to the extent necessary for the provision of the services;
- Delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements as well as product news or notifications;
- Allowing us to improve the Sites and the products and services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and interests and improving site navigation;
- Providing personalized, targeted, or location-based content;
- Comparing your information to confirm accuracy and to verify it with partners, suppliers and third parties as needed (such as for export compliance purposes);
- Generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Sites;
- Improving and customizing the content or layout of the Sites.
We and service providers working on our behalf also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Sites or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
You are not obligated to provide us any personal information. However, if you do not, you may not be able to access certain product or service offerings. For example, certain areas of the Sites require user registration, which requires that you provide us with certain personal information.
Disclosure of Information
- When we have your permission;
- When you choose to make information public on the Sites, such as when you contribute a post to our Cliosoft Technology Forums;
- To service providers who work on our behalf and have agreed to use the information solely to provide the services requested by Cliosoft, including, but not limited to, service providers that process payments, provide support services, or provide shipping services;
In particular, depending on the products and/or services you use, the following are categories of information that are disclosed, and the steps we take to limit the manner in which your personal information is used:
- We may provide contact information, to direct mail and other similar organizations, for the purposes of sending you information that you have agreed to receive. These companies may only use your information to perform functions on behalf of Cliosoft, as defined by the relevant service agreements.
- We may provide contact and employment information of registered users, to business partners, for identifying user interest in particular products and services. Business partners will only use such information as described in our agreement with them and will only contact you with your permission.
- We may provide contact information, software usage, employment information, browsing history, and referral information, to business partners, so they may fulfil customer requests. In certain cases, we may contact users annually to confirm your desire to continue receiving information, and you may otherwise opt out as described further below.
- We may provide contact information, employment information, and license privileges of users of certain tools, to business customers, for purposes of identifying to whom software products should be distributed. Information is only shared with those customers to whom you have licensed their software product, and Cliosoft is under a contractual obligation to provide the list of users to those business partners, for use of the software.
Sale of Information
In limited circumstances, we may disclose your information — with your express consent — in ways that may be considered a sale in certain jurisdictions, including as follows:
- Cliosoft may receive payment from business partners that are authorized to sell Cliosoft products; should a sale result from our disclosure of your contact information to that partner, pursuant to the section above regarding “Disclosure of Information.”
- Under certain circumstances, our partners may also offer payment for provision of your contact information and interests (based on your browsing history), also pursuant to the section above regarding “Disclosure of Information.”
- We may receive in-kind compensation from partners in exchange for providing them with your personal information (e.g., event sponsorship).
Other than the limited instances identified above, Cliosoft does not sell your personal information to third parties.
Security of Your Information
We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures and practices to safeguard the information that we collect, and as is appropriate for the nature of the information. However, we cannot ensure the absolute security of your information, particularly of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. As a result, we suggest that you help us by protecting your passwords, not using the same password for different applications or sites on the Internet, and notifying us if you suspect that your credit card, user name, or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission.
The Sites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, anyone under 13 years of age. If you learn that your child provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Location of Your Information
Your Choices and Rights
Every visitor to our Sites has the following rights:
Access. You have the right to request that Cliosoft provide you with copies of your personal information.
Rectification. You have the right to request that Cliosoft correct any information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Cliosoft complete information about you that you believe is incomplete.
Erasure. You have the right to request that Cliosoft erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
Restrict processing. You have the right to request that Cliosoft restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
Object to processing. You have the right to object to Cliosoft’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Data portability. You have the right to request that Cliosoft transfer the data that we collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
You may make any of the above requests by contacting us at info@Cliosoft.com, or calling us at 1-510-790-4732. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. To the extent required under legal obligations or local laws, or if it is subject to certain defined exceptions, some of your information may remain within our systems and other records.
California residents additionally have specific rights to:
Opt out of the sale of personal information. You have the right to object to Cliosoft’s sale of your personal information, by submitting your request using this link: https://www.cliosoft.com/CCPA/.
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Nonetheless, as described above, use or purchase of certain products or services may require the collection and/or maintenance of person information.
Additional User Choice
In some cases, we provide a means to create an account or a profile of information on the Sites. In such cases, you may access and correct certain information by accessing your account or profile. For example, to change your contact information on www.Cliosoft.com, log in to your account and select the “My Account” link found on the top of the webpage.
If we have obtained your e-mail address in connection with your purchase of or access to our goods or services, or attendance at a virtual event, we may send you related promotional or marketing e-mails. You may opt-out from receiving these e-mails by notifying us at the address specified at the bottom of any unwanted e-mail. These opt-out procedures may not be available for transactional or relationship messages, such as e-mails that are necessary to provide you with confirmation of a completed transaction (such as a purchase, service request, or change in your user profile), to provide you with warranty information regarding a particular product you purchased, to provide notification of changes of terms of service, or to provide you with important information about the use of a product that you have purchased or software that you have downloaded.
Links to Other Sites
A list of Cliosoft’s offices and contacts is available at https://www.cliosoft.com/company/contact/.
Cliosoft may supplement or amend this policy from time to time, and will post a revised Policy on our Sites, and update the “Last Revised” date below. If we make material changes to the way we collect, use, or disclose your personal information, we will notify you by any additional means that are appropriate.
Last Revised: December 2021